Created 17th October, 2017

Pine Grove/Smith Farm
841 West Avon Road, Avon, Connecticut 

Pine Groive Farm (otherwise known as Smith Farm) was purchased by Leon and Maude Smith in 1923. Originally about 175 acres in size, the farm is still intact today except for the piece of land that was sold to build the new Methodist Church and a couple of other small parcels. A visitor can't miss the Smith farm as he heads West up the hill toward Unionville on Rte. 167. There on the curve of the road a majestic stand of maple trees separate the property. The cow barns, orchards and pine grove are on the left, the apple store and homestead on the right. 
In 2017, the farm was still owned and managed myt members of the Smith family.

   Search this site or the web        powered by FreeFind
 
  Site search Web search

HOME
Introduction|What's New?|Index of Individuals|Surnames|Casualties of War
Location of Events|Chronology of Events|Occupations|Who are They?|